Big Springs Elementary School is preparing all of our students for their future.
Big Springs Elementary School is a place where all students are encouraged to strive for excellence academically, socially, and emotionally in a safe and supportive atmosphere. Our goal is to work in a partnership with our parents and community to create an environment where students are empowered to discover their strengths and to achieve their maximum potential. Opportunities are available for enrichment, intervention, and remediation as necessary. We set high expectations for all students. Our entire school community shares the belief that all children can and will learn.
We are committed to the following goals:
- To teach all students not only how to read, but also to enjoy reading.
- To make sure that all students gain an understanding of mathematical concepts and the role that math plays in all areas of life.
- To appreciate history and the unique role it plays in informing today’s decisions.
- To develop an interest in and an understanding of science.
- To write fluently for a variety of purposes.
- To use technology as a tool to enhance all areas of the curriculum.
- To developing learners whose curiosity about the world around them leads them to a fulfilling life.